Forest Garden Shovelstrode Terms & Conditions
1. BOOKING CONFIRMATION & PAYMENT
By making a booking with Forest Garden Shovelstrode Ltd, You agree to our terms and conditions, and You will be responsible for informing all the guests in your party and ensuring their compliance.
You must be 25 years or older to book any accommodation at Forest Garden Shovelstrode Ltd.
You agree to take all reasonable precautions against personal injury, injury to others and damage to the woodland, facilities and property.
We reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time if you or any of your guests breech the guidelines relating to behaviour at site.
If you are due to stay 60 days or more after booking, a 50% deposit will be required at time of booking. The balance will be due 60 days prior to your arrival date and may be charged to you using the same card details as the deposit payment. If your stay is within 60 days of booking, full payment will be required at the time of booking. You may not stay if you have not paid all amounts due.
3. CANCELLATION POLICY & INSURANCE (COVID-19 UPDATE)
a) Forest Garden Shovelstrode Lockdown. If your booking has to be cancelled because Forest Garden Shovelstrode is put under Government Restrictions such as a lockdown over the period of your booking, You will be refunded in full, unless you choose to book an alternative date.
b) Guest/tier lockdown. In the event that your given address is put into Local/Regional Lockdown, rendering you unable to travel over the period of your booking, You will be refunded in full, unless you choose to book an alternative date.
c) Force Majeure. If your booking has to be cancelled because Forest Garden Shovelstrode Ltd has to close through Force Majeure, meaning any of the following unforeseen circumstances which may hinder or prevent the performance by us of the Contract, including but not limited to: (a) acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster b) terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations; (c) nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom; (d) any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, including without limitation imposing a restriction, prohibition, or failing to grant a necessary license or consent; (e) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; (f) non-performance by our suppliers or contractors; and (g) failure of utility service which forces site closure over the period of your booking, You will be refunded in full, unless you choose to book an alternative date.
d) Forest Garden Shovelstrode Ltd - forced closure. In the unlikely event that Forest Garden Shovelstrode Ltd has to evacuate the site (due to inclement weather for example) or cancel the camping for any reason outside of our control, You will be refunded in full if you have not yet stayed, or for the remainder of your stay, unless you choose to book an alternative date.
e) Customer inability (or the inability of any, some or all of your intended party) or disinclination to travel to or stay at Forest Garden Shovelstrode Ltd for any reason. This includes - but is not limited to - illness (including Covid), a requirement or recommendation to self-isolate or quarantine, shielding, a call to jury duty, military service, incarceration, change in personal or work circumstances, family emergencies, travel delays, vehicle breakdown, and delays with public transport. These remain at Your own risk, and do not give rise to a right to cancel or to receive a refund. Customers are strongly advised to take out separate travel insurance.
If you choose not to take out UK travel insurance, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation or inability to enjoy the whole of your stay.
f) If any of the guests using a particular unit become ill during their stay at Forest Garden Shovelstrode, then they must, if at all possible, return immediately to their home. But If a guest has no choice but to stay at Forest Garden Shovelstrode Ltd during their illness, they can stay until the end of their booking unless they can agree otherwise with Forest Garden Shovelstrode Ltd.
g) The Cooling-off period is determined by date of booking:
• 60+ days prior to arrival date: 2-week cooling off period.
• 59-31 days prior to arrival date: 1-week cooling off period.
• 30 days or less prior to arrival date: 24 hours cooling off period.
If a booking is cancelled within the cooling off period You will be refunded in full, unless you choose to book an alternative date.
h) Refunds. You can cancel your booking at any time outside the cooling off period. However you will only be refunded at the amounts set out below.
• 60+ days prior to arrival date - Full refund less 5% administration charge
• 59 - 31 days prior to arrival date - 50% refund
• 30 days prior to arrival date - no refund
i) If you wish to cancel for any reason, you must immediately notify Forest Garden Shovelstrode Ltd by email. Confirmation of receipt of your notification will be emailed back to you.
4. GROUPS/MULTIPLE BOOKINGS OF 2 UNITS OR MORE
A separate ‘damages deposit’ of £150 per unit is required for groups of two or more units. The security deposit is due at the same time as balance or full payment. The deposit will be refunded after satisfactory inspection on departure day, to a designated account via bank transfer.
Your accommodation will be available to you from 5.00pm on the day of arrival, unless otherwise arranged. You must vacate your accommodation by 10am on the last day of your booking and settle your balance for extras before leaving Forest Garden Shovelstrode Ltd.
6. INSIDE THE ACCOMMODATION
• Shoes and boots must not be worn inside your accommodation and should be placed in the box provided.
• Tea lights, candles and lanterns are provided, but guests must take care at all times when lighting and blowing out candles.
• Children must NEVER be allowed to play with the candles or to light them.
• Nothing must be placed on top of the log burning stoves.
• The fireguard must be kept in place at all times.
• The top of the stove gets very hot and can burn hands – particularly those of unsupervised children.
• All guests must read the Safety Guidelines and Log Burner Instructions placed on the wall inside their accommodation.
• We reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time if you or any of your guests breech the guidelines relating to behaviour at site.
Smoking is not permitted in any of the accommodations, café or WC’s at any time. If smoking outdoors, you must safely extinguish and dispose of cigarette butts
8. COVID CLEANING
Forest Garden Shovelstrode Ltd maintains a safe environment at all times and complies with government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing
9. THE POND
• The pond is over 2m deep and is not for swimming or playing nearby.
• The pond is clearly visible and has been roped off.
• The banks can be soft, and all guests should exercise extreme caution by remaining a safe distance from the edge of the pond.
• Children must at all times be accompanied by an adult.
• There are 2 life buoys positioned at either end of the pond.
• In case of emergency please call 07956 815458 or 07957 621672
The woodland has gone through a phase of deforestation, and a program for replanting is underway.
• You must stay on the path network and not touch or interfere with any of the small saplings or trees that have been planted.
• You must be aware of the risks, hazards, and dangers of personal injury when entering a woodland. These would include trip hazards such as dangerous branches, tree roots, and rabbit holes etc. There could be sharp objects in the ground or barbed wire along the boundary.
• The ground is uneven and can be very slippery when wet.
• Torches must be carried after dark.
• You must be mindful of all wildlife including rabbits, foxes, squirrels, owls, buzzards, snakes and field mice to name a few!
• Campfires must only be made in the designated fire-pits and extreme care must be taken at all times.
• Campfires must never be left unattended.
• In times of high winds - we insist that campers refrain from using campfires.
• No children should be left unattended with campfires, or log burners/gas stoves in or around the yurts or log cabins.
• No fireworks, balloons or Chinese lanterns are to be used under any circumstances.
• A bucket of water and sand is available if the fire-pit urgently needs extinguishing
• The accommodation has a fire extinguisher inside the front door with emergency instructions.
• In the event of a fire getting ‘out of control’ - please evacuate immediately and telephone 07956 815458 or 07957 621 672 and then assemble by the pond. (Fire Assembly Point)
12. PERSONAL INJURY LIABILITY OR POSSESSIONS
• Forest Garden Shovelstrode Ltd cannot accept any responsibility for personal injury sustained while camping or using campfires.
• There are no facilities for safeguarding your valuables, so we therefore suggest that any valuables are preferably left at home, kept on your person - or are left locked up and out of view in your car, and in all circumstances are at guests own risk.
• Forest Garden Shovelstrode Ltd cannot be held responsible for any loss of personal possessions.
Unfortunately as much as we love dogs, we cannot allow guests to bring dogs with them, except in the instance of guide dogs, and then with prior arrangement with ourselves.
By Booking you agree to take full responsibility for your children, or any children you are in charge of. Children must be respectful to the flora and fauna at Forest Garden Shovelstrode Ltd. (This obviously also applies to adults!)
15.DAMAGES & BREAKAGES
You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages caused by you or any of the people in your family/group. Please report any incidents immediately. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but we may require payment for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant or malicious.
Forest Garden Shovelstrode Ltd is a ‘quiet’ site. With respect to our neighbours and other campers enjoying the peace and tranquillity, we request that guests keep noise levels to a minimum - particularly after 10.00pm. There should be no amplified music.
17. ADDITIONAL DAY/EVENING GUESTS
Please do not invite additional day or evening guests on site without specific prior arrangement.
You are required to take all your rubbish and recycling with you upon departure.
Any data collected during the course of your booking will be stored on our computer(s). Your contact details will be added to our database and you will receive an occasional newsletter informing you of our latest offers or new services. If you would prefer not to receive this information, then please notify us and we will remove all your details from our database. There is also an option to 'unsubscribe' directly from our newsletter.
a) Course Fees
The course fee includes all materials required (unless specified) to complete the projects and use of tools and specialist equipment associated with each course. Attendees should bring their own packed lunch, unless stated otherwise in the course details. We reserve the right to alter course prices at any time, however prices stated on your booking confirmation email will be honoured by Forest Garden Shovelstrode Ltd.
b) Payment for Courses
For all woodland crafts courses booked, payment must be made in full via our website. For cancellations our standard Refund Policy applies (3.(h)).
Forest Garden Shovelstrode Ltd reserves the right to cancel a course booking for any reason and shall not be liable for any consequential loss that may be incurred. Under these circumstances You will be refunded in full, unless you choose to book an alternative course date.
c) Children’s Courses
The minimum age for standard woodland crafts courses is 18. However, children of 10 years and over are encouraged to attend a Children’s Green Woodworking course along with an accompanying parent. Children attending an Introduction to Bee keeping course must also be accompanied by a parent or guardian.