Yurt in Sussex. Sleeps 4 + 1 additional @£35/night/person
Savannah yurt is 6 metres in diameter and was made by a highly experienced traditional yurt maker using locally sourced coppiced ash, hazel and chestnut. It features a large clear crown wheel that is elevated high with the steam bent ash poles. There is also a large window to the side that looks out through the woodland. The feeling as you walk in to the yurt is one of size and openness, whilst still retaining the intimate warmth of a hand made yurt.
The style of Savannah is ‘Out of Africa’ with big leopard print throws and sheepskin rugs. There is a large double futon bed under an antique tribal carved headboard. There is also a double futon sofa that can pulled into a double bed, and another single futon sofa-bed. (n.b. for the 5th person, additional person and bedding charges apply, see extras)
The kitchen area comprises of a worktop surface with twin gas camping stove. All the utensils you need to cook and eat with are stowed in the large cupboard below. There is an antique Moroccan table and matching stools to eat inside the yurt, and a couple of comfortable reclining chairs and hand made stools for sitting in front of the toasty wood-burner.
There are many tea lights and lanterns provided to create a beautiful and romantic atmosphere.
Outside the yurt is a large decked area to sit out and enjoy the peace and tranquility of the woodland. There’s a big picnic table below the deck and beside the large fire-pit. Guests can bring their own kiln dried wood or buy it from the Forest garden shop. There is also a BBQ, and locally produced charcoal and kiln dried logs for the wood-burner are available at the Forest Garden shop.
Savannah yurt is located approx 150m from the shower/WC/washing up area.
Each of the luxury yurts and cabin are nestled in their own corner of secluded woodland offering guests privacy and tranquility. Dappled light and abundance of flora and fauna help create the perfect sanctuary.
As part of your stay you will be given a free introduction to Shinrin-Yoku – which literally means ‘Forest Bathing’. There are also many other courses that you can enroll on. Please visit our ‘Courses’ page for more information.
Please read important information regarding Ash Tree felling.
ORDER YOUR BED LINEN!
Please note that the yurt includes 1 x double bed complete with full bed linen. Additional bed linen can be ordered in advance for £25/set (see extras) or you can bring your own bedding.
Good to know
Things you might want to bring: Torches, wellies, slippers, fire lighters, towels, insect repellent, sun cream, extra outdoor camping lights.
We regret that pets are not allowed on site.
- Extra Bedding: Duvet, Pillows & Linen @ £30.00 per set.
- Charcoal - locally sourced: £7 per 3Kg bag. To be ordered at time of booking.
- Logs: For fire pit or wood burner large bags of logs @ £10.00 each. To be ordered at time of booking.
- Courses: Regular or Bespoke courses in Green woodworking and Country Crafts:(min 3 person) - please click here for more information/pricing.
- Holistic massage: Available for people staying the yurts or cabins. Please contact us for more information/pricing.
- Forest Garden Honey: (When available) £10.00 jar (1lb)
- Forest Garden Bramley Apple Juice: £4.00
- Traditional tea parties: (min 6 persons) - please contact us for more information/pricing.
- Breakfast: £12.00
- Full English: Orange juice, Forest Garden eggs (fried or scrambled), local bacon, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, home made bread, tea or coffee.
- Vegetarian Breakfast : Orange juice, Forest Garden eggs (fried or scrambled), Halloumi, Quorn sausages, tomatoes, home made bread,tea or coffee.
- n.b. Breakfast available only on Saturday & Sunday and must be booked at least 24 hours in advance. Please contact us.
Check in: 3.00pm - 6.00pm
Check out time: 10.00 am.
You must be minimum 25 years of age to make a booking.
For any group bookings of more than 2 accommodations please contact us.
All groups of 6 people and above must pay a £150 holding deposit per unit on booking [to cover breakages, damage or disturbance].
Please contact us for more details.
Guests must take away all their own rubbish when vacating the premises.
We are a small rural site and offer our guests the opportunity to enjoy the peace of the woodland.
We ask everyone to keep noise levels down at all times.
The car park is between 70 and 200m from your accommodation.
Wheelbarrows are provided and should be left at the car park.
We suggest that valuables are best kept with you or in a locked car.
Forest Garden cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to your personal belongings.
Fireguard for child safety can be provided on request. Please contact us.
The off-grid accommodation does not provide electricity or running water.
The shower/WC and washing up facilities are at the Loo Block beside the car park which is a maximum of 200m from the accommodation.
Towels are not provided.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING A TORCH AND MATCHES/LIGHTER!