Yurt in Sussex, Sleeps 2
Kushti yurt is 5.9m diameter and is a traditional Mongolian 'Ger' (aka yurt) with beautiful hand painted roof poles, pillars and door. The style of all the furnishings is heavily influenced by the nomadic traders of Mongolia and the far east. The are many colourful ethnic textiles and carpets which adorn the walls and floors which give the unique yurts its ‘good vibes’ as described by the previous owner! The many lovely comments in our guest book reflect this. We’ve had many wedding proposals and honeymooners in this very yurt!
There is a central wood burner which keeps the whole yurt evenly warm throughout the year. There is also something deeply peaceful and meditative about Kushti yurt. It is a magical space and occasionally you may see a deer or a rabbit walk about their business.
Inside there is a kitchen area with double gas ring camping stove with everything you will need to cook and eat …except the food! The bed is a comfortable double futon. There are several colourful cushions and hand carved stools, and there is also a double futon sofa in beside the wood-burner. To the side of the yurt is a small table and chairs so that you can eat cozily inside on cold evenings.
Outside the yurt is a big open fire pit with log stools and a large picnic table. There is also a BBQ if you wish to cook under the stars! Both charcoal for the BBQ and kiln dried logs can be purchased for the Forest Garden shop
Kushti yurt is approximately 70m from the shower/WC and washing-up sink.
As part of your stay you will be given a free introduction to Shinrin-Yoku – which literally means ‘Forest Bathing’. There are also many other courses that you can enroll on. Please visit our ‘Courses’ page for more information.
Good to know
Things you might want to bring: Torches, wellies, slippers, fire lighters, towels, insect repellent, sun cream, extra outdoor camping lights.
We regret that pets are not allowed on site.
- Extra Bedding: Duvet, Pillows & Linen @ £25 per set.
- Charcoal - locally sourced: £7 per 3Kg bag. To be ordered at time of booking.
- Logs: For fire pit or wood burner @ £7.00 each. To be ordered at time of booking.
- Courses: Regular or Bespoke courses in Green woodworking and Country Crafts:(min 3 person) - please click here for more information/pricing.
- Holistic massage: Available for people staying the yurts or cabins. Please contact us for more information/pricing.
- Forest Garden Honey: (When available) £7 jar (1lb)
- Forest Garden Bramley Apple Juice: £3.50
- Traditional tea parties: (min 6 persons) - please contact us for more information/pricing.
- Full English: Orange juice, Forest Garden eggs (fried or scrambled), local bacon, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, home made bread, tea or coffee.
- Vegetarian Breakfast : Orange juice, Forest Garden eggs (fried or scrambled), Halloumi, Quorn sausages, tomatoes, home made bread,tea or coffee.
- n.b. Breakfast available only on Saturday & Sunday and must be booked at least 24 hours in advance. Please contact us.
Check in: 3.00pm - 6.00pm
Check out time: 10.00 am.
You must be minimum 25 years of age to make a booking.
For any group bookings of more than 2 accommodations please contact us.
All groups of 6 people and above must pay a £200 holding deposit per unit on booking [to cover breakages, damage or disturbance].
Please contact us for more details.
Guests must take away all their own rubbish when vacating the premises.
We are a small rural site and offer our guests the opportunity to enjoy the peace of the woodland.
We ask everyone to keep noise levels down at all times.
The car park is between 70 and 200m from your accommodation.
Wheelbarrows are provided and should be left at the car park.
We suggest that valuables are best kept with you or in a locked car.
Forest Garden cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to your personal belongings.
Fireguard for child safety can be provided on request. Please contact us.
The off-grid accommodation does not provide electricity or running water.
The shower/WC and washing up facilities are at the Loo Block beside the car park which is a maximum of 200m from the accommodation.
Towels are not provided.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING A TORCH AND MATCHES/LIGHTER!