Log cabin in Sussex. Sleeps 4 people
Jacaranda cabin is 6.4 x 3.6m and it takes its name from the tree that thrives in the Caribbean and south pacific where Charles & Lisa have both lived. The hand built log cabin is nestled amongst the old iron pits in the ancient woodland.
The colour scheme is muted greens and a rich brown that helps Jacaranda blend into its woodland setting. This part of the woodland is carpeted in bluebells, orchids and wild garlic in the spring.
There is a mezzanine level reached via a sturdy ladder where there is comfortable double bed which sleeps 2 people (n.b. max headroom 1250mm). Downstairs is an open plan living room area with a lovely wood burning stove. The cabin is highly insulated and has double glazing. There is double sofa bed that can sleep an additional 2 people (bed linen charges apply – see extras). The room also incorporates also a kitchen/dining area with twin gas burner. The cupboards contain all the necessary pots, pans, cutlery and crockery that you should need for your stay
There are many tea lights and lanterns provided to create a beautiful and romantic atmosphere. Low voltage lighting is also supplied as a back up, and in the event you need to find something easily.
Outside there is a veranda which offers a covered deck space with an antique French table and chairs for outdoor eating. A large open outdoor fire-pit and BBQ are outside the log cabin. Guests may bring their own kiln dried logs for the wood-burner or they can purchase them and charcoal from the Forest Garden shop.
Jacaranda cabin is conveniently located only 80 metres from the shower/WC/washing up area.
As part of your stay you will be given a free introduction to Shinrin-Yoku – which literally means ‘Forest Bathing’. There are also many other courses that you can enroll on. Please visit our ‘Courses’ page for more information.
ORDER YOUR BED LINEN!
Please note that the cabin includes 1 x double bed complete with full bed linen. Additional bed linen can be ordered in advance for £25/set (see extras) or you can bring your own bedding.
Good to know
Things you might want to bring: Torches, wellies, slippers, fire lighters, towels, insect repellent, sun cream, extra outdoor camping lights.
We regret that pets are not allowed on site.
- Extra Bedding: Duvet, Pillows & Linen @ £25 per set
- Charcoal - locally sourced: £7 per 3Kg bag. To be ordered at time of booking.
- Logs: For fire pit or wood burner @ £7.00 each. To be ordered at time of booking.
- Courses: Regular or Bespoke courses in Green woodworking and Country Crafts:(min 3 person) - please click here for more information/pricing.
- Holistic massage: Available for people staying the yurts or cabins. Please contact us for more information/pricing.
- Forest Garden Honey: (When available) £7 jar (1lb)
- Forest Garden Bramley Apple Juice: £3.50
- Traditional tea parties: (min 6 persons) - please contact us for more information/pricing.
- Breakfast: £12.00
- Full English: Orange juice, Forest Garden eggs (fried or scrambled), local bacon, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, home made bread, tea or coffee.
- Vegetarian Breakfast : Orange juice, Forest Garden eggs (fried or scrambled), Halloumi, Quorn sausages, tomatoes, home made bread,tea or coffee.
- n.b. Breakfast available only on Saturday & Sunday and must be booked at least 24 hours in advance. Please contact us.
Check in: 3.00pm - 6.00pm
Check out time: 10.00 am.
You must be minimum 25 years of age to make a booking.
For any group bookings of more than 2 accommodations please contact us.
All groups of 6 people and above must pay a £150 holding deposit per unit on booking [to cover breakages, damage or disturbance].
Please contact us for more details.
Guests must take away all their own rubbish when vacating the premises.
We are a small rural site and offer our guests the opportunity to enjoy the peace of the woodland.
We ask everyone to keep noise levels down at all times.
The car park is between 70 and 200m from your accommodation.
Wheelbarrows are provided and should be left at the car park.
We suggest that valuables are best kept with you or in a locked car.
Forest Garden cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to your personal belongings.
Fireguard for child safety can be provided on request. Please contact us.
The off-grid accommodation does not provide electricity or running water.
The shower/WC and washing up facilities are at the Loo Block beside the car park which is a maximum of 200m from the accommodation.
Towels are not provided.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING A TORCH AND MATCHES/LIGHTER!