Log cabin in Sussex. Sleeps 4 people + 2 additional @£35/night/person
Idaho cabin measures 6.4 x 3.6m. It was hand built using western red cedar which still emits the beautiful and relaxing phytoncides (wood essential oils). The style of cabin was inspired by the north American frontier settlers of the late 18th & early 19th centuries. There is much attention to detail in the construction of the cabin and the beautiful hand built furniture inside.
The upstairs mezzanine level is accessed via a sturdy ladder where there is comfortable double bed which sleeps 2 people (n.b. max headroom 1250mm). Downstairs is an open plan living room area in front of the lovely wood burning stove. There is double sofa bed that can sleep 2 people (bed linen charges apply – see extras). The room also incorporates also a kitchen/dining area with twin gas burner. The cupboards contain all the necessary pots, pans, cutlery and crockery that you should need. There is a large cedar table, bench and banquette (seat) which pulls out to take a double futon mattress for an additional 2 guests. (Additional person supplement and bed linen charges apply – see extras).
As with all our accommodation, there is a toasty wood-burner inside to keep you cosy warm at night time. The cabin is highly insulated and has double glazing. Kindling can be collected from the woodland floor and you can either bring your own kiln dried logs or buy them from the Forest Garden shop.
There are many tea lights and lanterns provided to create a beautiful and romantic atmosphere.
Outside there is a wide veranda which offers a covered deck space with table and benches for outdoor eating. A large open outdoor fire-pit with oak benches and large log stools are outside the cabin. There is a heavy grill that can be placed on the fire to barbeque food. Alternatively, a BBQ can be supplied and charcoal can be purchased from the Forest Garden shop.
Idaho Cabin is located approx 180m from the shower/WC/washing up area.
As part of your stay you will be given a free introduction to Shinrin-Yoku – which literally means ‘Forest Bathing’. There are also many other courses that you can enroll on. Please visit our ‘Courses’ page for more information.
ORDER YOUR BED LINEN!
Please note that the cabin includes 1 x double bed complete with full bed linen. Additional bed linen can be ordered in advance for £30.00/set (see extras) or you can bring your own bedding.
Good to know
Things you might want to bring: Torches, wellies, slippers, fire lighters, towels, insect repellent, sun cream, extra outdoor camping lights.
We regret that pets are not allowed on site.
- Extra Bedding: Duvet, Pillows & Linen @ £30.00 per set.
- Charcoal - locally sourced: £7 per 3Kg bag. To be ordered at time of booking.
- Logs: For fire pit or wood burner @ £7.00 each. To be ordered at time of booking.
- Courses: Regular or Bespoke courses in Green woodworking and Country Crafts:(min 3 person) - please click here for more information/pricing.
- Holistic massage: Available for people staying the yurts or cabins. Please contact us for more information/pricing.
- Forest Garden Honey: (When available) £10.00 jar (1lb)
- Forest Garden Bramley Apple Juice: £4.00
- Traditional tea parties: (min 6 persons) - please contact us for more information/pricing.
- Breakfast: £12.00
- Full English: Orange juice, Forest Garden eggs (fried or scrambled), local bacon, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, home made bread, tea or coffee.
- Vegetarian Breakfast : Orange juice, Forest Garden eggs (fried or scrambled), Halloumi, Quorn sausages, tomatoes, home made bread,tea or coffee.
- n.b. Breakfast available only on Saturday & Sunday and must be booked at least 24 hours in advance. Please contact us.
Check in: 3.00pm - 6.00pm
Check out time: 10.00 am.
You must be minimum 25 years of age to make a booking.
For any group bookings of more than 2 accommodations please contact us.
All groups of 6 people and above must pay a £150 holding deposit per unit on booking [to cover breakages, damage or disturbance].
Please contact us for more details.
Guests must take away all their own rubbish when vacating the premises.
We are a small rural site and offer our guests the opportunity to enjoy the peace of the woodland.
We ask everyone to keep noise levels down at all times.
The car park is between 70 and 200m from your accommodation.
Wheelbarrows are provided and should be left at the car park.
We suggest that valuables are best kept with you or in a locked car.
Forest Garden cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to your personal belongings.
Fireguard for child safety can be provided on request. Please contact us.
The off-grid accommodation does not provide electricity or running water.
The shower/WC and washing up facilities are at the Loo Block beside the car park which is a maximum of 200m from the accommodation.
Towels are not provided.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING A TORCH AND MATCHES/LIGHTER!