Log cabin in Sussex. Sleeps 4 people
Anderida Cabin measures 6.4 x 3.6m. This cabin was built with love and great attention to detail. The cabin is clad inside and out in western red cedar. The inspiration for this cabin was taken from its historical name ‘Anderida’ – which was given to the ancient woodland that existed here many centuries ago. The terracotta colour of the tin roof and slowly greying red cedar cladding allow the cabin to blend seamlessly into the ancient woodland. A large holly bush to one side is covered in beautiful red berries throughout the winter. In spring a carpet of bluebells and the effervescent green of the Euphorbia sprinkled with the pale yellow primroses light up this quiet woodland glen.
The mezzanine level is reached via a sturdy ladder where there is comfortable double bed which sleeps 2 people (n.b. max headroom 1250mm). Downstairs is an open plan living room area in front of the lovely wood burning stove. (The cabin is highly insulated and has double glazing). There is double sofa bed that can sleep an additional 2 people (bed linen charges apply – see extras). The room also incorporates a kitchen/dining area with twin gas burner. The cupboards and antique reclaimed dresser contain all the necessary pots, pans, cutlery and crockery that you should need. There is also a large refectory table, beautiful antique chairs and an old church pew. The gothic theme is also reflected in the many antique carvings, tapestry and oil paintings that cover the walls.
Outside there is a generous 2m veranda which offers a covered deck space with table and comfortable wooden chairs and cushions for outdoor eating. There is a large open outdoor fire-pit surrounded by log stools and there is also BBQ for cooking under the stars. Both BBQ charcoal and kiln dried logs for the wood-burner can be purchased from the Forest Garden shop.
Anderida It is located approx 180m from the shower/WC/washing up area.
As part of your stay you will be given a free introduction to Shinrin-Yoku – which literally means ‘Forest Bathing’. There are also many other courses that you can enroll on. Please visit our ‘Courses’ page for more information.
ORDER YOUR BED LINEN!
Please note that the cabin includes 1 x double bed complete with full bed linen. Additional bed linen can be ordered in advance for £25/set (see extras) or you can bring your own bedding.
Good to know
Things you might want to bring: Torches, wellies, slippers, fire lighters, towels, insect repellent, sun cream, extra outdoor camping lights.
We regret that pets are not allowed on site.
- Extra Bedding: Duvet, Pillows & Linen @ £25 per set.
- Charcoal - locally sourced: £7 per 3Kg bag. To be ordered at time of booking.
- Logs: For fire pit or wood burner @ £7.00 each. To be ordered at time of booking.
- Courses: Regular or Bespoke courses in Green woodworking and Country Crafts:(min 3 person) - please click here for more information/pricing.
- Holistic massage: Available for people staying the yurts or cabins. Please contact us for more information/pricing.
- Forest Garden Honey: (When available) £7 jar (1lb)
- Forest Garden Bramley Apple Juice: £3.50
- Traditional tea parties: (min 6 persons) - please contact us for more information/pricing.
- Breakfast: £12.00
- Full English: Orange juice, Forest Garden eggs (fried or scrambled), local bacon, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, home made bread, tea or coffee.
- Vegetarian Breakfast : Orange juice, Forest Garden eggs (fried or scrambled), Halloumi, Quorn sausages, tomatoes, home made bread,tea or coffee.
- n.b. Breakfast available only on Saturday & Sunday and must be booked at least 24 hours in advance. Please contact us.
Check in: 3.00pm - 6.00pm
Check out time: 10.00 am.
You must be minimum 25 years of age to make a booking.
For any group bookings of more than 2 accommodations please contact us.
All groups of 6 people and above must pay a £200 holding deposit per unit on booking [to cover breakages, damage or disturbance].
Please contact us for more details.
Guests must take away all their own rubbish when vacating the premises.
We are a small rural site and offer our guests the opportunity to enjoy the peace of the woodland.
We ask everyone to keep noise levels down at all times.
The car park is between 70 and 200m from your accommodation.
Wheelbarrows are provided and should be left at the car park.
We suggest that valuables are best kept with you or in a locked car.
Forest Garden cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to your personal belongings.
Fireguard for child safety can be provided on request. Please contact us.
The off-grid accommodation does not provide electricity or running water.
The shower/WC and washing up facilities are at the Loo Block beside the car park which is a maximum of 200m from the accommodation.
Towels are not provided.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING A TORCH AND MATCHES/LIGHTER!