Cleaning & Hygiene Protocol
• Forest Garden Shovelstrode is a large open campsite. Each accommodation is at least 50 metres apart, comfortably allowing for safe social distancing.
• A full deep-clean and inspection of all accommodation and facilities takes place between each booking.
• The Shower/loo facilities are regularly cleaned and checked, and World Health Organisation approved cleaning products are available for guests to use as required.
• Guests can use the conveniently located hand sanitisers located around the campsite.
• All children are the responsibility of their parents and should be accompanied at all times, particularly to the shower/loo facilities
• Guests can self-check-in from 5pm at Reception (Billabong Cabin). Simple instructions with contact information will be emailed prior to arrival.
• A wheelbarrow is available for guests to carry belongings to their accommodation and should be left at the carpark upon departure.
• Staff are available on site to help with check-in if required and for any emergency. Contact: 07956 8215 458 or 07957 621 672 for assistance
• The Yurts & Cabins undergo a thorough deep-clean prior to arrival. All touch points and surfaces are treated with disinfectant/anti bacterial spray. The units are then fully aired and inspected prior to guests arrival.
• We ask our guests where possible to open all windows and doors of the cabins prior to their departure to allow the units to be aired before our cleaning staff enter the accommodation.
• The beds are provided with a sterilized clean mattress protector only. Guests are encouraged to supply all their own bedding or FGS can supply bedding at an additional cost of £50/double set for service cleaning & sterilizing.
Showers and Toilets
• The shared facilities consist of two individual showers and two individual toilets. These are cleaned and inspected regularly throughout the day.
• Hand sanitizers are available for guests to use.
• There are a number of outdoor tables and chairs available for guests to wait if necessary.
• The shower block is provided with a floor mop & disinfectant, and guests are encouraged to clean up after themselves.
Washing up area
• There are 2 large outdoor double butler’s sinks with hot water for guests to use for washing up.
• Hand sanitiser is available.
• Guests are encouraged to leave the sink clean after use and sprayed with the disinfectant provided.
• In line with our eco-philosophy to help reduce the carbon footprint, guests are reminded to take all their own rubbish and recycling when leaving the site.
• Green waste/compostable vegetable matter only can be placed in the bin provided
• The shower/loo block is cleaned and inspected regularly throughout the day. A full deep clean takes place between bookings.
• Each Yurt & Cabin undergoes a deep clean & full inspection between bookings
• All cutlery/crockery and cooking utensils are steam-cleaned between bookings.
• Wheelbarrows are cleaned between bookings.
If guests develop COVID symptoms
• before their stay - the booking will be cancelled and a credit note for an alternative date will be issued or refund offered as per our cancellation policy.
• during their stay - guests must immediately return to their home residence to self-isolate. Other guests will be notified immediately.
• after their stay – FGS must be notified immediately so that other guests and staff can be informed.